I have just uploaded the third release of my still in progress Zider game engine for XNA. You can find the download on the Zider page
Features or changes for R3
- Updated the xGameConsoleXNA library so commands now have an array of string arguments and a new "usedAsFunction"
boolean parameter. usedAsFunction when set to true means that the
command is being used as a function and allows the command logic to be
aware of that.
- Added Actor support
- Added a SceneManager to the
- Added an abstracted "UserInputService" service (Work in progress)
- Full 360 controller support added. So virtually everything can be done using just a gamepad controller.
- Added layering support, so a map can have multiple layers.
- The zider project is no longer a standalong exe, it has been change into a class library.
- Added SMLOP: Heroes which is a game that is being developed by me that uses the zider engine to run it.
- The engine now makes use of the content pipeline for loading game files