My World of Warcraft account has finally expired again so hopefully now I will have time to spend getting some work done on my various projects.
List of recent site changes
- Friday, October 15, 2010 (Post): Srsly Kewl & I R Back!
- Monday, November 01, 2010 (Post): Netflix comes to canada
- Monday, November 01, 2010 (Post): XNA Issues
- Saturday, November 06, 2010 (Post): A little sumthin sumthin for the Neoforce community
- Saturday, November 27, 2010 (Post): Kingslayer
- Friday, December 03, 2010 (Page): Subdomains at createdbyx.com
- Saturday, January 01, 2011 (Post): ISP Rape
- Saturday, March 26, 2011 (Post): From the PTR trenches
- Wednesday, April 06, 2011 (Page): xGameConsoleXNA Release 1 Images
- Wednesday, April 06, 2011 (Post): Realm first level 25 guild achievement !
- Wednesday, April 13, 2011 (Page): Silverlight
- Wednesday, April 13, 2011 (Page): Gallery
- Monday, April 25, 2011 (Page): Movie Review List
Just killed the Lich King with my guildies for the first time since being away from the game for the last few months. The LK fight is a pretty technical fight that can go south very quickly if anyone in the raid makes a single mistake. But we got him down and we had 6 out of 10 people in the raid never complete the fight before, AND no one died during the encounter. woot !
Below is a quote from what I posted in raid chat after we killed the lich king.
"I'd just like to say relish this moment. You have just killed the end game content for this expansion, at level with apropreate gear ...
of the 40,000+ known toons i've discovered on this server only a very small percentage will actually complete this content. Congratz wuhoo :D"
It's a pretty good feeling knowing that your raid group has killed the end game boss for an expansion at level and wearing level apropreate gear for the content. That in an of it self is an achievement.
I've been working on a World of Warcraft character and statistics tracking website over at www.wowtracks.com. I will be posting results from the data I collect as well as my thoughts about the site.
I had my doubts about our ability to down him. For the last two weeks it seemed like we did not have the dps for him, but as the group got more practice, we were able to get him down with one minute to spare. This was by far our best, and more perfectly executed attempt.
We tried the zerg method for doing sarth with 3 drakes up. Took a few tries to get a good roll on the firewalls but we did it. If the third drakes lands sarth becomes immune and a few times he was down to 24.8 k health before turning immune.
Was playing around with making a simple tutorial video about the Hodir fight to help people identify what to look out for and avoid during the encounter.
Also I have setup a deticated page just for World of Warcraft videos that can be found here.
Well I didnt think our group was ready for ICC yet but they proved me wrong. Not only did we down Lord Marrowgar but we defeated Lady Deathwhisper, and the Gunship Battle!
It's been a hell of a week for progression for the guild. We downed Yogg saron, ToC 10, EoE 25, Onyxia 10, OS 10 & 25, and first three encounters of ICC.